14.10.08

Election!!!

I almost did not make it in time before the polls closed. I did my usual tuesday 6K run after work, but then decided to check my e-mails in the office just before heading home. Big mistake. There was a trail of emergency e-mails on my outlook (you know, the ones with all the big red exclamation points) that required immediate attention. Got stuck at work managing the "emergency", then came home. Fought through the highway traffic, got home, ate dinner then made a mad dash to the community center to cast my vote. I did not want to miss the opportunity to exercise my rights as a citizen. Especially after my work colleague told me about "voting" in Iraq during the time Saddam Hussein was in power. Apparently they were all required to "vote" but there would only be one candidate. It was such a farce. I'm lucky to be in a country where I do have a choice and know that my vote will count.

No comments: