26.11.08

Tiki Village on Saturday Night

The ceremonial opening of the ground oven before the big dinner and tiki show. Tahitians would cook their meals together in an underground "stove" lined with coals for an entire day. The food was absolutely delicious and worth the wait.


The fire-dancers, demonstrating their skills with blazing torches.

The dancing girls answer to the call of love.
The male dancers in a re-enactment of a Tahitian courtship ritual.

Indulging in a rare Polynesian sunset.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I stumbled across your blog and am so glad I did!!
Your pictures are gorgeous - I've always wanted to go to Tahiti!!

The Scientist said...

Hello Allison,

I highly recommend visiting Mo'orea. Bora Bora is a lot more glitzy and glamorous.

I am still uploading more photos in the next few days or so. We took over 500 shots, and it's been a challenge picking and choosing a few to put on my blog. I also have underwater photos when we went diving. These should be up also in the next few days. Thanks for visiting my blog!