8.12.08

Black Pearls

My husband bought me a set of black pearl necklace and earrings. I really only wanted the earrings, but he insisted I also get a nice pendant in peacock. I must tell you though that Tahitian pearls are of really good quality, and every pearl purchased in a boutique like this one, comes with a certificate of authenticity. So you are sure to be purchasing a very high grade pearl. This set cost about $1000.00 CAD. Not too expensive. There were some that ran up to the six figures!!!



Some of you may not know this, but Tahiti is one of the major exporters of cultured South Sea pearls. Their speciality is of course, black pearls, which is really a misnomer, as they come in an array of colours, not just black. Some have a green tinge, while others display an aubergine colour, and many more come in peacock shades or multi-coloured.

No comments: