12.1.10

Serena Safari Lodge, Lake Manyara

The rooms were relatively small compared to some of the other safari lodges we stayed at later on. But all of our accommodations were well-appointed, the food was excellent and the staff were warm and wonderful.


This was our first safari stop and this place was breathtaking. Situated on top of a mountain overlooking Lake Manyara below. I didn't have a chance to swim in the infinity pool, but it has a beautiful view also of the valley below. We were told that at times during lunch, the baboons would make their way to the grounds of the lodge and beg tourists for food. I didn't see any baboons though, but the birds were utterly shameless! One of them landed right on my plate and stole a piece of bread! This little bandit made off with my lunch then watched me from a tree nearby.

No comments: